Good livestock fences are an essential element of crofting or smallholding. We will discuss and demonstrate the various types of fencing options and match these to your individual needs and budget.
As well as answering your fencing queries, we will pass-on all the tips-of-the-trade and get you involved, hands-on, in erecting lengths of various types of fencing so you know exactly how it’s done!
- Deciding what type of fence to erect
- How to spec your materials and cost your job
- Tools required
- Construction of electric fencing
- Construction of post and wire fencing
- Construction of post and rail fencing
- Hanging gates
- Making pens and races
- Annual maintenance
Lochview Rural Training